Maintaining academic productivity is an important goal of the Center for Professional Development & Simulation at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center.
In addition to furthering the advances in simulation-based training, a significant focus is to communicate these advances through peer-reviewed scientific journals as well as academic meetings. The team continues to be very productive, with multiple papers published and presentations delivered.
Here are examples of some of our research initiatives:
- Rawlings AL, Shadduck PP, Sillin LF, Crookes PF, MacFadyen BV, McDonald MP, Forde KA, Mellinger JD; Professionalism of Surgery, Surg Endosc (2015) 29:2072-6.
- Gardner AK; Lachapelle K; Pozner CN; Sullivan ME; Sutherland D; Scott DJ; Sillin L; Sachdeva AK; Expanding Simulation-based Education Through Institution-wide Initiatives: A blueprint for success. Surgery (2015) 158(5):1403-7.
- Gardner AK; Scott DJ; Hebert JC; Mellinger JD; Frey-Vogel A; Ten Eyck RP; Davis BR; Sillin LF 3rd; Sachdeva AK.; Gearing Up for Milestones in Surgery: Will simulation play a role? Surgery. (2015)158(5):1421-7.
- Nepomnayshy D, Whitledge, J, Birkett, RT, Delmonico T, Ruthazer R, Sillin LF, Seymour N; Validation of an Advanced Laparoscopic Skills Curriculum - A Pilot Study, Surg Endosc 2015; 29: 349-354.
- Nepomnayshy, Alseidi, Fitzgiboons, Stefanidis “Identifying the Need for and Content of an Advanced Laparoscopic Skills Curriculum: Results of a National Survey” The American Journal of Surgery, 2015 (DOI) 10.1016/j.amjsurg.2015.10.009
- Stefanidis, Gardner, Paige, Korndorfer, Nepomnayshy, Chapman “Multi-center Longitudinal Assessment of Resident Technical Skills”, American Journal of Surgery, 209(1):120-5, 2015 Jan.
Click here to download a PDF of all publications.
- Bourgeois, Frontiero, Nepomnayshy “Is there a long term benefit to interdisciplinary team training for medical students and nursing students?” 16th annual International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare, San Diego 2016
- Ozawa, E., Burke, T. H., Bourgeois, D. & Guido, B. “Using Simulation to Perform a Gap Analysis of Code Blue Response”. 16th annual International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare, San Diego 2016
- Thomas, Nepomnayshy “Teaching with Video Technology, What Do Millennial Learners Need?” American College of Surgeons Accredited Institute Consortium Meeting, Chicago 2015
- Schoetz, The Growth of a Specialty and the Joys of Mentorship. First annual colorectal lecture, Albany Medical Center, March 26, 2015.
- Bourgeois, D., Mackey, S., Ford, H., Nepomnayshy, D. & Sillin, L. F. “Does Communication and Teamwork Training Improve Performance and Attitudes of Trauma Response Team Members?” Poster presentation at 8th Annual ACS/AEI Consortium Meeting, Chicago, IL, March 2015.
Click here to download a PDF of all poster presentations.
- Bourgeois, D., Mackey, S., Nepomnayshy, D. “Do Teamwork and Communication Concepts Learned in the Simulated Environment Transfer to the Trauma Bay?” 16th Annual International Meeting on Simulation in Healthcare, San Diego 2016.
- Watanabe, Nepomnayshy, Alseidi, Fitzgibbons, Ghaderi, Gardner, Seymour, Vassilou “ Multicenter Proficiency Benchmarks for an Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery Curriculum” Association of Surgical Education Annual Meeting, Boston 2016.
- Paige, Stefanidis, Ozawa, Nepomnayshy, “Stress Testing for Health Care” IMSH, San Diego 2016.
- Nepomnayshy, Fitzgibbons, Aleseidi, Stefanidis “Identifying the Need and Content of an Advanced Laparoscopic Skills Curriculum: Results of a National Survey” Association of Surgical Education National Meeting, Seattle, 2015.
- Delmonico, Long, Nepomnayshy, Ozawa "Creating a Policy Development Methodology Utilizing Simulation and Implementation of an Operating Room Emergency Checklist," 8th Annual ACS AEI Consortium Meeting, March 2015, Chicago
Click here to download a PDF of all podium presentations.