Cosmetic and Laser Surgery at the Lahey Outpatient Center, Lexington, can help you look your very best with a variety of nonsurgical cosmetic procedures. Nonsurgical options are growing in popularity because they are less invasive than cosmetic surgery, are often more affordable, and provide almost immediate results.
CoolSculpting is a nonsurgical treatment that freezes stubborn fat, which then is naturally eliminated from the body. There are no needles, no surgery and no downtime. This technology safely delivers precisely controlled cooling to gently and effectively target the fat cells underneath your skin, leaving the skin itself unaffected. The treated fat cells are crystallized (frozen), then die.
Over time, your body naturally eliminates the fat cells, leaving a more sculpted look. Most people can return to their normal activities immediately. Changes may be seen as early as three weeks after your treatment, with the most dramatic results after one to three months.
During your consultation, we will develop a customized treatment plan to address your specific areas of concern. This comprehensive approach may involve multiple treatments or visits in order to get the best results.
Ultherapy® is a noninvasive ultrasound procedure that stimulates the collagen and elastin within your skin. It lifts and tightens your skin and treats the same deep tissue planes as a modern facelift – nonsurgically, with no downtime. It is safe for all skin colors and is a good option if you have mildly to moderately lax skin. Ultherapy is FDA-approved and is effective on the brow, neck and under the chin.
Botox is a successful way to treat frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines without surgery. Injecting Botox into certain muscle groups that cause wrinkles keeps the muscles from working, leaving the skin smooth and youthful. In addition, by suppressing the muscles, fewer new wrinkles are formed. Botox treatment is a safe procedure with no recovery time. Results can be seen in three days and typically last four to six months.
Injectable fillers are a popular and widely accepted treatment to correct deep lines in the face. They are useful if you have deep folds or lines but do not want to undergo facelift surgery.
Various fillers can be injected underneath your skin to “plump up” deep lines. Lines typically treated with fillers include those along the nasolabial fold lines, which run from the corner of your nose down to the corner of your mouth, and the marionette lines, which run from the corner of your mouth down to your chin. Fillers can also give your lips a fuller, more youthful contour.
We offer a number of other highly effective fillers, including:
- One group of fillers, including Restylane®, is composed of hyaluronic acid and lasts about six to nine months.
- Another group includes fillers made of synthetic compounds, including Radiesse®, Sculptra® and Juvéderm™, and they last somewhat longer – about eight months to one year.
- Juvederm Voluma XC is a filler that contains a modified hyaluronic acid derived from a naturally occurring complex sugar. It works instantly to add volume and subtly lift the cheek area to restore contour. It can last up to two years.
- Belotero® is a filler that temporarily smooths out and fills in the lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth for smooth, even results.
- Kybella™ is the first FDA-approved, non-surgical treatment for reducing a double chin. You can improve the appearance of your neck and chin without surgery.
Sclerotherapy is a procedure that treats leg veins with an injection of a special solution into the affected vessels. Sclerotherapy is a safe and effective treatment option for many leg vein conditions, although it cannot treat varicose veins. You will need a consultation prior to sclerotherapy to ensure it is the most appropriate option for you.