This program is an annual course that encompasses the broad field of general surgery. It is designed to provide surgeons, internists, and advanced practitioners with a clinically oriented update on current topics, issues, and concepts in general surgery addressing advances and controversies alike. During this 3 day program experienced clinicians will cover multiple subjects, providing the information by which to guide patient treatment and management
strategies. Dedicated time allotted within each presentation for Q&A will help make your learning experience interactive.
This activity will address the ACGME/ABMS Medical Knowledge and Systems-based
Practice competencies. Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Formulate treatment and management plans for the broad field of general surgery highlighting acute care surgery, gastrointestinal surgery, oncologic surgery, and breast surgery.
- Implement strategies to prevent or minimize complications.
The Lahey Clinic Hospital, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Lahey Clinic Hospital, Inc. designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 12.0 hours of this program is available for Self-Assessment CME credit.
- 1.0 hours of this program is available for Trauma CME credit.
- .5 hours of this program meets the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine’s criteria for Risk Management study.
SELF-ASSESSMENT CME CREDIT
Self-Assessment measurement questions will be available at the end of the course. Attendees will have approximately 4 weeks to complete the assessment following the course. Once all questionnaires have been closed, participants will receive a certificate for their credit.
Learn More & Register