The mission of the Robert E. Wise, MD, Research and Education Institute is to provide funding for scientifically meritorious and educationally beneficial projects consistent with Lahey Hospital & Medical Center's mission to deliver and improve healthcare and advance medical knowledge. It also sets out to identify, foster and financially support research endeavors at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center that have strong scientific and clinical relevance.
- Prioritize research and education efforts for Lahey Hospital & Medical Center.
- Review all proposals for feasbility using budgetary review, population and research-related criteria as necessary.
- Provide oversight of ongoing projects on a periodic basis.
- Identify and pursue funding opportunities for grant applications.
- Review, award and administer internally funded research grant applications.
- Review and award annual Research and Education Awards.
- Promote scholarly activity by enhancing the intergration of research, education and clinical practice.
- Ensure complaince with federal, state and local regulations.
- Provide an annual Research and Education Report.
Questions and comments for the Research Grants & Oversight Committee may be directed to Ken Brown at 781.744.2580 and/or Ken.A.Brown@lahey.org.
Questions and comments for the Education Committee may be directed to David J. Schoetz Jr., MD at 781.744.8889 and/or David.J.Schoetz@lahey.org.