For Immediate Release.
Burlington, MA (November 6, 2018) – For the first time in its history, the Lahey Health System has been awarded bibs for the Boston Marathon as an official charity of the Boston Marathon’s John Hancock Non-Profit Program. Runners from Team Lahey will raise money for the Lahey Health affiliate of their choice.
There are a limited number of Lahey Health bibs available, so interested runners should apply at Giving.LaheyHealth.org/BostonMarathon. The lucky winners who are selected will receive:
- Guaranteed race entry for the 2019 Boston Marathon
- A personal fundraising webpage on CrowdRise.com
- A fundraising coach to provide helpful fundraising tips and tools
- An expert marathon coach to create personalized training programs and provide weekly training tips
- Boston-area weekly group runs
- Two to three team meetings
- Team Lahey running singlet
- Fundraising recognition incentives
During marathon weekend, in addition to a pasta party and bus transportation, the Lahey runners will also receive:
- Pre-race light breakfast and bag drop
- Private warm-up space at the starting line in Hopkinton and private family meeting space at the finish line in Copley Square
- Their own personal Team Lahey cheering section at Mile 20
- Post-race celebration with refreshments, showers and family meeting point
The application deadline is December 1.
Space on the team is limited, so visit our marathon page to learn more and apply: http://Giving.LaheyHealth.org/BostonMarathon
About Lahey Health
Lahey Health is an integrated health care system committed to providing the full continuum of health care services close to where patients live and work. The system is comprised of nationally recognized, award-winning hospitals, physicians, behavioral health services, and post-acute programs including home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources. Lahey Health includes nearly 1,400 locally based physicians throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. Lahey Health includes Lahey Hospital & Medical Center; Beverly Hospital; Addison Gilbert Hospital; Winchester Hospital; Lahey Health Senior Care and Lahey Health Behavioral Services, more than 30 primary care physician practices, and multiple outpatient and satellite specialty care facilities. For more information, visit Lahey.org.