At the Lahey Health Cancer Institute (LHCI), we are proud of our excellent cancer survival rates, outstanding safety record, and low rate of complications during treatment.
We believe that cancer care is best delivered by teams of providers, who each contribute their knowledge and expertise. It may be reassuring to know that many experts are looking at your case and weighing in on your best chances for successful treatment and long-term survival.
How We Measure Quality
Several factors contribute to the overall high quality at the Lahey Health Cancer Institute:
- Our guidelines for care, which are standardized throughout our health system and are based on the very latest research and clinically proven practices
- Our system-wide commitment to quality care and patient safety
- Our Multidisciplinary Model of Care (MMOC) teams, which monitor quality and outcome metrics by cancer disease site across the system
- The fact that our cancer care experts are available by phone 24/7, every day of the year
- Our commitment to performing any necessary surgery with minimally invasive techniques if possible, to allow for a faster recovery with less pain
- Our excellent patient navigators, who are with you throughout your course of care to provide guidance, information, advice, and assistance
Breast Care Accreditations
The Breast Center at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, the Breast Cancer Center at Winchester Hospital, and Beverly Hospital’s Breast Health Center at the Lahey Outpatient Center, Danvers, are all accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) for their quality of care and monitoring of outcomes for patients with breast cancer and other breast diseases.
Winchester Hospital’s Cancer Program was selected as a recipient of the Outstanding Achievement Award by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.