Members of the Department of Anesthesiology care for patients undergoing both surgical and non-surgical procedures, and for patients with acute pain disorders. Anesthesia care is provided to non-surgical interventions such as cardiac electrophysiology, endoscopic, CT and MRI Scan procedures and Interventional Neuroradiology. Our involvement includes pre-operative consultation and preparation of patients; intra-operative or intra-procedural administration of anesthetics and monitoring, and post-operative or post-procedural management.
Our Interventional Pain Management specialists have expertise in evaluating and treating chronic pain disorders. For more information, please visit the Interventional Pain Management Center.
Our Areas of Expertise Include:
- Cardiac anesthesia
- Transplant anesthesia
- Epidural and spinal anesthesia
- Nerve block anesthesia including the use of ultra-sound techniques
- Acute and chronic pain therapy
- Intensive care medicine
- Resident, medical student, student nurse anesthetist and paramedic education
- Moderate Sedation
Are You a Patient?
- For more information on anesthesia, as well as educational videos, please visit the American Society of Anesthesiologists.