The Department of Colon and Rectal Surgery at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is committed to excellence in patient care, innovative surgical techniques, clinical research, and medical education. Patients have access to the knowledge and expertise of board-certified specialists highly trained in all areas of colorectal surgery, including:
- Anorectal reconstruction including sphincter repair
- Coloanal anastomosis
- Colonic J-pouch
- Colorectal cancer surgery, including sphincter salvage procedures
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery
- Sacral nerve stimulation for fecal incontinence
- Surgery for inflammatory bowel disease including ileoanal pouch procedure
- Total mesorectal excision
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery
Our specialists are also members of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons.
In 2010, Lahey colorectal surgeons cared for over 14,000 patients at our two outpatient clinics in Burlington and Peabody. We work in close collaboration with our nurse practitioners, physician’s assistants, colon and rectal residents, general surgery residents, and others to treat all colorectal disorders.