High-Quality Skin Care
The skin is your body’s largest organ, serving to protect your inner organs from the outside world and helping to regulate your body temperature.
In addition to safe and effective nonsurgical and laser treatments, Lahey Hospital & Medical Center offers in-office procedures at our Lexington and Lynnfield locations to help keep your skin looking its best.
We can help correct the appearance and condition of your skin with these services performed in a safe clinical setting.
These services are available at both our Lexington and Lynnfield locations:
- Chemical peels
These services are available only at our Lexington location:
- Microdermabrasion—This procedure uses tiny crystals to gently exfoliate the skin, followed by a suction to remove dead skin and debris from your pores. Microdermabrasion offers immediate results and is best for fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage, enlarged oily pores and acne scarring.
- MicroPeel™—During this three-step process, a micro-thin top layer of your skin is removed, and an alpha hydroxy acid solution and cryogenic therapy is used to exfoliate and stimulate your skin. The procedure is safe and effective, immediately resulting in better skin clarity, tone and texture.
- MicroPeel™ Plus—More advanced than the standard MicroPeel, this treatment uses salicylic acid to stimulate cellular turnover. The treatment helps smooth fine lines, even out skin discoloration and control acne while also reducing the appearance of acne scars and environmental damage to your skin. Minimal recovery time is required.
- Stimulator peel—Also known as the red-carpet peel, this treatment stimulates the turnover of the epidermal layer of your skin. Good for all skin types, a stimulator peel requires no downtime and helps reduce acne, control oil, smooth the skin, even skin tone and improve pigmentation.
- Ultrasound facial treatment—This procedure uses ultrasound to stimulate the blood supply to the collagen layer under your skin to improve blood circulation and increase cell regeneration and moisture retention. The result is reduced pore size, reduced acne, and improved strength and firmness.
Skin Care Products and Services
Your skin is as individual as you are and requires specialized care. We offer the highest quality skin care products and tailor our recommendations to meet your desired results.
We offer several outstanding lines of skin care products, clinically proven to improve the condition of your skin and only available through a physician’s office. These products include:
- IS Clinical
- Jane Iredale® The Skin Care Makeup™
- ZO Skin Health
We also offer prescriptions and instructions for Latisse®, a Food and Drug Administration-approved medication to help eyelashes grow longer, thicker and darker.
Camouflage and Corrective Makeup
When you want to look your best, Jane Iredale® makeup offers complete coverage for imperfections that result from surgery or other conditions. This micronized mineral makeup is noncomedogenic (will not clog pores) and oil-free, making it excellent for all skin types, including sensitive skin. We offer makeup instruction and application, carefully choosing the best colors to enhance your beauty.