The Care You Need, When You Need It
When you have symptoms of a gastrointestinal (GI) illness, disorder of the stomach and intestines), you want a skilled specialist to look at the problem. You also want answers quickly.
Schedule an endoscopy/colonoscopy
Make an appointment
That’s what happens at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center. Our team of gastroenterologists coordinates your care and works with nutritionists, surgeons, nurses and others to diagnose and treat the full range of gastrointestinal and liver conditions. This team is focused on providing you with the highest quality care.
Our Team Approach
People suffering from GI or liver conditions often need to see a variety of specialists and other providers. Coordination of your care is a team effort and the result is high-quality care delivered quickly.
Our GI team treats patients from young adults to the elderly. We give each one the highest-level care right from the start. No matter how common or complex your illness, we have the skills and technologies to get you back to living your life.
We provide everything from screening colonoscopies to care for complex inflammatory bowel disease. Here are just a few examples of our innovative care:
- Our advanced endoscopy practice is one of the largest in our region. We routinely do innovative procedures there such as ERCP to evaluate and manage gallstones and other disorders.
- Advanced testing at our Esophageal Motility Center helps people with conditions such as GERD.
- Our new Endoscopy Center, coming in 2019, will provide even more comfort, efficiency and convenience for our patients.
- State-of-the-art treatments at our Liver Center help people with a diverse array of liver conditions. We do more liver transplants than any other center in New England.
- Our Colon Cancer Screening Center finds polyps early. Removing them can prevent colon cancer.
- New therapies at our Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center give people with inflammatory bowel conditions a better quality of life.
- Research at Lahey gives many of our patients access to innovative treatments not available elsewhere.
The Personal Touch
Gastrointestinal symptoms can upset your life and add anxiety to every day. Your team at Lahey will take every step to make your healing process easier.
You can count on us for:
- Short wait times for appointments. We see patients in less than one month
- Quick referrals to other Lahey specialists
- Providers who take time to listen and answer questions
- Having one of the highest number of female gastroenterologists and practitioners in the state
- Highly skilled nurses
- Screening tests
- Immediate follow-up for people diagnosed with tumors
Whether your primary care provider refers you to us, or you make an appointment yourself, we’ll walk you through every step of your care. You are always the most important person on your care team.