About Advanced Endoscopy at LHMC
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, our dedicated physicians work with a team of specialized endoscopy nurses and technicians to perform a variety of advanced endoscopic procedures. These procedures are performed in our new, state-of-the-art endoscopy unit with the assistance of general anesthesia.
Advanced endoscopy procedures are used to treat a variety of conditions involving the bile duct and pancreas, removal of large precancerous lesions, and treatment of early cancers of the GI tract. Our team works closely with experts in pathology, interventional radiology, oncology, and surgery.
Patients can be seen in the office for consultation or directly booked for an endoscopic procedure.
Conditions We Evaluate and Treat
- Barrett’s esophagus with dysplasia and early cancer
- Complex esophageal strictures
- Pancreatic cysts
- Pancreatic and bile duct cancer
- Bile duct stones
- Obscure GI bleeding
- Colon polyps
- Post-surgical complications
Our pancreatic cyst clinic is dedicated to patients with pancreatic cysts. Most commonly the cysts are detected via CT or MRI scan. We offer weekly multidisciplinary clinics to perform complete evaluations of each patient. Using an evidence-based algorithm, we then arrange appropriate follow-up which may include additional imaging, endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) with cyst aspiration, or surgical consultation.
Advanced Endoscopy Procedures
The following advanced endoscopy procedures are performed at Lahey:
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) with stone extraction, cholangioscopy, radiofrequency ablation (RFA), tissue sampling, and stent placement
- EUS with on-site cytology
- Interventional EUS, including pseudocyst drainage, fiducial placement, gallbladder drainage, and endoscopic gastrojejunostomy
- Management of Barrett’s esophagus with dysplasia with training in RFA and cryotherapy
- Endoscopic mucosal resection of large colon polyps and early GI cancers
- Enteral stent placement
- Single balloon enteroscopy
- Endoscopic full thickness resection
Meet the Team
Meet our advanced endoscopy specialists below. Dr. Joyce is the Director of Endoscopy and Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship Program Director.
Request an Appointment
If you or your physician want to contact us or schedule an appointment, please call 781-744-8029. Outside records should be faxed to 781-744-5669.
For urgent procedures, please contact us via our dedicated advanced endoscopy phone line.