Vision, Mission & Philosophy
Exceptional nurses delivering extraordinary care.
We honor our profession, patients, and each other by being pioneers at the forefront of healthcare.
Philosophy of Nursing
We believe the profession of nursing is both an art and science responding to the human condition, recognizing that each individual is a unique person deserving of care aligned with their values and expectations. Our professional practice is grounded in a cultural framework that engages patients as partners and pursues effective and respectful communication to cultivate a caring, healing, and protective environment. We are unwavering in our commitment to provide the highest quality care to our patients, families, and each other through inter-professional collaboration and teamwork. We recognize that we must continually evolve, adapt, and innovate to provide the care and value our patients and families deserve.
- I will greet everyone with eye contact in a welcoming manner.
- I will treat everyone as I would like to be treated.
- I will safeguard the privacy of patient information.
- I will value the perspectives of others.
- I will value cultural differences.
- I will always utilize resources at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center responsibly.
- I will understand how my role affects patient care.
- I will be on time, apologize for delays, and keep patients and families informed.
- I will listen actively to help anticipate patients’ needs.
- I will partner with patients and families regarding patient care and strive to increase their comfort.
- I will educate patients and families about patient care and will ensure the education is clear and understood.
- I will recognize my role as an important member of the team.
- I will work with colleagues to provide the best patient care.
- I will seek opportunities to learn from my colleagues.
- I will be motivated by everyone’s success.
- I will seek opportunities to mentor and educate my colleagues.
- I will provide the highest level of quality and safety.
- I will demonstrate professionalism and integrity.
- I will provide superior customer service to patients, families, colleagues, and the community.
- I will put forth my personal best.
- I will recognize and acknowledge excellence in others.
- I will anticipate problems, question assumptions, and report failures.
- I will make every effort to exceed expectations.