Foot and Ankle Surgery at Lahey provides a multidisciplinary approach for the evaluation and treatment of foot and ankle disorders in the adolescent, adult and elderly populations. The treatment team is directed by a fellowship-trained orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeon, and includes a podiatrist, pedorthists, physical therapists and a nurse practitioner.
Physician services include:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic treatment for acute and chronic foot and ankle injuries, including foot and ankle fractures
- Evaluation and treatment of common disorders such as bunions, hammertoes, corns, and calluses
- Evaluation and treatment—including reconstructive surgery—for adult-acquired foot and ankle disorders, including adult flatfoot, arthritis of the foot and ankle, and nerve entrapments of the foot and ankle
- Evaluation and treatment of diabetic foot problems
- Assessment of foot and ankle sport-related injuries, including ankle arthroscopy