We recognize that it requires a lot of time and energy to care for someone else. The Palliative Care Service provides help and support to families, friends and caregivers by assisting with multiple issues:
- Expressing feelings and concerns
- Asking questions of the health care team
- Decision-making processes
- Identifying personal care needs
- Using available resources for skilled nursing facilities, rehabilitation facilities or home care services
The Palliative Care Service also educates family members about health-related problems you may face in the future, and assists in coordinating necessary services. The team is available to help family members learn how to talk to their loved ones, know what to say, and how to listen. They also help family members deal with their own feelings of guilt, anger and grief.