Psychiatry and Behavioral Treatment
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center’s Division of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine offers a full range of therapy and treatment options for psychiatric and behavioral health disorders. Your care begins with a complete evaluation in a patient-centered needs assessment that helps us develop a personalized treatment plan.
Your treatment journey may include a combination of any of our services, including:
- Group therapy
- Individual or couples therapy
- Medication management
- Mindfulness program
- Outpatient care
- Stress management program
- Hospital consultation-liaison psychiatry services
Our services include the support you and your family need to help make treatment a success. When the care you need is not available directly through our services, we can connect you to outside therapy or other community resources, depending on your needs.
The Care You Need, When You Need It
Psychiatric and behavioral health needs don’t only happen during business hours. That’s why we offer 24-hour care, including early appointments and evening clinic hours several days a week. We have the resources available to help you through urgent issues or crises, so you never have to manage your symptoms alone. In some cases, this may mean accessing help through the emergency department. In others, it may mean talking to one of our team members over the phone or getting connected to crisis services within the community. No matter what, our clinicians are available to help you get the help you need.
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, psychiatry and behavioral health services are integrated into your overall care. That means whether you’re seeing a primary care physician, or staying as an inpatient at the hospital, you have direct access to psychiatrists, therapists, clinical social workers and other specialists.
Chronic medical conditions often lead to mental health complications. Sometimes that means providing psychiatry and behavioral health services within the medical setting, and sometimes that means connecting you to a specialty mental health clinic.
We are here to help you process the news of your diagnosis, manage your reaction to medical-related stress and support you through your medical treatments.
- Transplant support—Before and after transplants, and provide a host of intensive services, including during hospitalization. As one of the largest living donor programs, we support both the transplant recipient as well as donors in their process.
- Weight loss support—Our bariatric group is engaged with supporting people through education efforts and treatments leading up to and after weight loss surgery. Our medical weight loss group is centered on behavior modification to help those having other non-surgical and lifestyle changes to manage obesity.
- Emergency care—We work closely with local emergency services programs to provide community-based crisis support. Our 24 hour a day emergency care includes available on-call psychiatric services to support the emergency department staff. In addition, we offer an outpatient after-hour support line to provide 24-hour coverage by phone.
- Chronic pain and illness— We evaluate and care for individuals with chronic pain conditions through our neurosurgery program. This includes evaluations for patients undergoing deep brain stimulation, and support for cognitive disorders, and medical conditions such as multiple sclerosis and ALS.
- Oncology care. We work closely with patients with cancer and their families to provide support throughout treatment and beyond.
- Pulmonology care. We support patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and other pulmonary disorders throughout their treatment.
- Cardiology care. We work closely with our cardiology patients, including those with congestive heart failure (CHF), to provide ongoing support.
- Primary care. We provide support to patients who are seeing doctors for their primary care needs as necessary.
- Neurology. We work closely with our neurology patients to provide support to those with cognitive disorders, multiple sclerosis and movement disorders.
- Neurosurgery. We provide support to neurosurgery and chronic pain patients, such as those receiving deep brain stimulation or spinal stimulators.