Whether you’ve had to deal with a sexual issue for a while, or your symptoms began suddenly, understanding what’s happening to your body is the first step toward treatment.
Common symptoms of female sexual dysfunction include:
- Anxiety during or before sexual contact
- Delayed or absent orgasm
- Low sexual desire
- Painful intercourse
- Vaginal dryness
Treating the underlying cause of a sexual function problem is often the best way to relieve symptoms. The specialists at the Lahey Medical Center, Peabody Center for Sexual Function can help determine the cause of your problem and develop a treatment plan to return you to full sexual health.
Common causes of sexual health issues in women include:
- Anxiety, depression, stress or other mental health issues
- Drug or alcohol abuse
- Hormone imbalance
- Medical conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease or bladder problems
- Past trauma, such as sexual abuse
- Relationship issues
- Side effects of medications
In some cases, there is more than one cause affecting your sexual function. We work with you to find the root cause of your sexual problem so we can provide the best possible treatment.