If you have a sexual health problem, your symptoms may include:
- Anxiety during or before sexual contact
- Ejaculation difficulties, including premature ejaculation
- Inability to get or maintain an erection
- Low sexual desire
Several factors can cause these symptoms, or they may be the result of another medical condition. The specialists at the Lahey Center for Sexual Function can help determine the cause of your problem and develop a treatment plan to return you to full sexual health.
Problems with sexual function in men may be caused by:
- Anxiety, depression, stress or other mental health problems
- Drug or alcohol abuse
- Hormone imbalance
- Medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure or high cholesterol
- Past trauma, such as sexual abuse
- Relationship issues
- Side effects of medications
In some cases, there could be more than one cause affecting your sexual function. For example, erectile dysfunction (ED) may be caused by psychological or medical conditions or a combination of both.