Here are links to reputable third-party websites that contain information related to transplantation.
- The American Liver Foundation is a national, voluntary nonprofit health agency dedicated to preventing, treating and curing hepatitis and all liver diseases through research, education and support groups.
- This is an online community for living donors, potential donors, their families and the medical community.
- The vision of the NKF is to enhance the lives of everyone with, at risk of, or affected by, kidney disease.
- The National Foundation for Transplant assists transplant candidates and recipients with the cost of transplant care when insurance or government programs do not cover all costs.
- The NEOB is the oldest independent organ bank in the country. It is the federally-designated organ procurement organization (OPO) for the New England states.
- The New England Program for Kidney Exchange (NEPKE) is a registry program that allows incompatible donors to help their loved ones or friends to receive a living donor kidney by matching one incompatible donor/recipient pair with another incompatible pair.
- The Organ Procurement and Transplant Network (OPTN) maintains the only national patient waiting list and features the most comprehensive data available in any single field of medicine.
- This program provides support and references for transplant patients, their families, and their caregivers.
- This organization provides transplantation and organ donation information and resources for transplant recipients, their families and donor families.
- This site provides references and other information about transplantation and donation.
The UNOS site dedicated to patients in need of transplant, as well as their families and the families of organ donors.