Endocrinology fellowships at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center provide advanced training and experience to physicians planning to specialize in the clinical practice of endocrinology, as well as those hoping to function as clinician educators and researchers.
We offer a two-year fellowship program and there are two fellows at any time. Our program is designed to increase your understanding of diabetes, metabolism and all other aspects of endocrinology through work with both inpatients and outpatients.
What You Can Expect
During your fellowship, you can expect to:
- Be trained in all aspects of endocrinology, including:
- Adrenal disorders
- Calcium metabolism disorders
- Disorders of fluid and electrolytes
- Endocrine emergencies
- Lipid disorders
- Male and female reproductive endocrine disorders
- Metabolic bone disease
- Neuroendocrine disorders
- Nutritional disorders
- Pregnancy-related endocrine disorders
- Sexual dysfunction
- Thyroid disorders
- Gain experience managing all aspects of diabetes, including working with pregnant women who have the disease and actively participating in our insulin pump program.
- Participate in a multidisciplinary approach to obesity that includes endocrinologists, obesity specialists, dietitians, surgeons who perform bariatric surgery and behavioral medicine staff.
- Receive the bulk of your training at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, Burlington. You’ll also attend a subspecialty clinic at Lahey Medical Center, Peabody and rotate through Tufts Floating Hospital for Children in Boston to gain experience with pediatric endocrine disorders.
Learn more about applying here.