At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, we are proud to support and inspire the next generation of medical researchers. Our certificate program in Medical Research helps students better understand research methods, objectivities, ethics and regulations while providing real-world experience in an academic medical setting.
Lahey’s certificate program in Medical Research is open to students in high school, undergraduate college and university programs, and medical school. Students in gap years between high school and undergraduate school, and between undergraduate school and medical school are also invited to apply.
- History of Research
- Research Methods
- FDA New Drug and Device Regulatory Approval Processes
- Human Subjects Protections
- Animal Welfare
- Ethical Conduct
- Funding Research
- Research Career Development Pathways
Program runs May 17, 2021 – August 27, 2021
A personal statement and resume
Parental Consent (for students under the age of 18)
Letter/letters of recommendation (optional)
Application deadline: February 12, 2021
Download the application
Participants are expected to commit to approximately 20-30 hours each week.
- Completion of online courses
- Attendance at least five (5) lectures
- Attendance at least five (5) weekly Journal Club meetings
- Completion of practicum
- Final presentation summarizing program experience
For questions, please contact Research Administration at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center: 781.744.8011