We only accept applications through the ERAS electronic application submittal system.
Applicants will be selected for interviews after a thorough review of their complete applications. Three residents per year are selected from a large applicant pool.
A complete application includes the following:
- ERAS electronic application form
- Curriculum vitae with statement of personal goals, interests, and accomplishments
- Dean’s letter
- Three letters of recommendation
- Medical school transcript
- National Board scores
- New graduate
- J1 Visa
- 3 US clinical rotations, with 3 letters of recommendation
- USMLE, score minimum: 215
- Surgery Clerkship requirement High Pass or Honors
Attention International Medical School Graduates:
You must qualify for a J-1 visa from the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates and have a valid ECFMG certificate in order to be eligible for graduate medical education training at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center. The application deadline is December 1.
Please note: J-1 visas may not be accepted in all cases and are subject to the specific residency or fellowship program. For further information, please refer to the application requirements for the program of interest.
Foreign medical graduates must have at least 3 rotations of US clinical experience with letters of recommendation from those rotations.
We hope you’ll find Lahey Hospital & Medical Center the ideal place to train.
Harold J. Welch, MD