Applications are only accepted through the ERAS electronic application submittal system.
Applicants will be selected for interviews after a thorough review of their complete applications. Three residents per year are selected from a large applicant pool through the urology match. A complete application includes the following:
- ERAS electronic application form
- Curriculum vitae with statement of personal goals, interests, and accomplishments
- Dean’s letter
- Three letters of recommendation
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE Step 1
Interviews for selected applicants will be arranged and confirmed on dates in October through December.
Questions regarding the program or interviews should be directed to:
The acting internship program at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is designed to give medical students who are interested in urology exposure to our program. The acting interns function as members of the surgical team during the rotation while experiencing a rich educational exposure to both general and subspecialty urology.
Applications should be submitted to the Visiting Student Program at Tufts University School of Medicine.
Lahey Urology Diversity Scholarship Program
An important principle of Lahey Hospital and Medical Center’s (LHMC) Division of Urology is to promote diversity within our program. Diversity can include but is not limited to underrepresented minorities, women, and LGBTQ+. Therefore, the Urology Diversity Scholarship Program was created to provide financial support to fourth-year medical students during their Tufts University School of Medicine (TUSM) Visiting Urology Acting-Internship at LHMC (URO408-LC). Students accepted for a clinical clerkship are eligible to apply for scholarships to help defray costs. To be eligible, students must be US citizens and attend an ACGME/OCGME medical school in the US. The scholarship awards $1,500.00 in financial support to be used for travel and housing costs.
Who Should Apply?
- Be a fourth year medical/osteopathic student at an accredited US medical school
- Interested in applying to a Urology Residency Program for the upcoming AUA/SAU cycle
- Demonstrate excellence in academics
- Meet all standard VSAS application requirements for the URO408-LC elective at TUSM
June 1, 2023
- Complete the VSAS application for the Lahey Clinic Visiting Urology Acting-Internship (URO408-LC) through TUSM. For information on visiting student requirements for this rotation, please review the course catalog in VSAS listed in AAMC.
- Complete the separate application (summarized below) and submit to the Program Coordinator Joanne Messina via email
- Include a personal essay: Please describe how you would add to the diversity of our community. Also, please include why you are interested in the Lahey Clinic’s Urology Residency program (500 words or less).
- Please include your CV.
- Include a letter of recommendation supporting your application for the scholarship.
- Include a school transcript
Applicants will have demonstrated:
- Academic achievement (indicated by transcripts and letter of support)
- Leadership experience as indicated by activities included in the CV
- Commitment to pursuing a career in urology
- An interest in diversity, health disparities, or assisting underserved populations