Please note: the application window for the 2019 program has now closed. Please check back in early 2020 for details on the 2020 junior volunteer program.
Our Junior Volunteer Program at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is open to high school students. This program runs for eight weeks during the summer.
To become a junior volunteer, you must be:
- A high school student entering grades 10 through 12
- Available for an in-person group interview
- Available to attend a mandatory orientation
- Available the first and last week of the program
- Able to volunteer two shifts each week
The Junior Volunteer Program at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, Burlington is a very structured summer program for high school students entering grades 10 – 12 (September 2019). This year’s 9 week program is scheduled to run from June 24 – August 23. If you are interested in applying, please consider the following:
The applicant must:
- Be entering at least 10th grade in September 2019
- Be available for an in-person group interview
- Be available to attend a Mandatory Orientation on Wednesday, June 12, 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm (7:00 pm if you have a lobby assignment).
- Be available the first and last week of the program: June 24 – June 28th and August 19th through 23rd (on your assigned days – this is mandatory.)
- Be available to volunteer 2 shifts each week (4 hours each, Monday through Friday, am or pm)
- Have a maximum of no more than 2 weeks off (4 shifts) between 6/24 and 8/23.
Due to the overwhelming popularity of the LHMC Junior Volunteer Program, we only accepted telephone requests for applications between February 20th – February 26th. The application period is now closed.
For those who did request an application, they will be sent by 3/1/2019. If you have requested an application and do not receive it by Monday, March 11th, please contact us at 781-744-8803.
Unfortunately, we are not able to make any exceptions. Thank you for understanding.
Interviews will be granted based on the number of available volunteer openings and a review of your application. Applications will be processed in the order they are received.