Comfort and Support
Chaplaincy at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is here to offer spiritual and emotional support for patients, visitors and staff.
For patients and families, our chaplains provide:
- Emotional or spiritual support as you cope with an illness
- Emotional or spiritual support as you cope with life concerns beyond your illness
- Help in making meaning of your illness
- Help with end of life decisions
- Help with other coping skills
- Help with specific religious rituals
- Someone to talk to safely and confidentially
- Support as you anticipate surgery, when you have received bad news or are grieving a loss
For staff, our chaplains provide:
- Arrangements for memorial services for a deceased colleague
- Help with religious or ethical concerns about a patient, family or work
- Information on a patient’s religious tradition to provide culturally competent care
- Support for other personal or spiritual issues
Our chapel at Lahey is a peaceful, quiet place open to patients, families, visitors and staff. It is accessible 24 hours a day and is located next to the auditorium off of the fourth-floor main lobby. We celebrate Catholic Mass Monday through Wednesday at noon, and there is a Catholic Communion service Thursdays and Fridays at noon. Everyone is welcome at the chapel.
If you would like us to hold a loved one in prayer, please contact us: [email protected].
If you would like to request a visit, please call 781-744-8800.
In the case of an emergency, please ask your nurse to contact us through the page operator.