Our doctors and nurses are experts at diagnosing and treating conditions affecting your adrenal and pituitary glands such as Addison disease and Cushing syndrome. We also are highly experienced at caring for pituitary conditions including pituitary tumors. We partner with specialists in surgery, neuroradiology and radiation at the Sophia Gordon Cancer Center.
We provide care that eases health issues caused by these conditions and balances your hormones. We also work with you to manage lifestyle changes to help maximize your treatments.
While pituitary tumors can be removed, there are no cures for adrenal conditions. Your care team provides essential treatments to manage hormone levels so that you can live a healthy life.
We use a team approach to figure out what’s causing your condition and find the right treatment for you. Your treatment might include:
- Hormone replacement—medicines replace missing hormones, such as cortisol and aldosterone.
- Other medicines—if your body makes too much cortisol, medicines can lower the hormone level.
- Blood tests—regular blood tests ensure your medicines are maintaining the right hormone levels.
- Dynamic pituitary function testing—neuroradiology and interventional radiology procedures to take images of the pituitary gland and gather blood samples.
- Surgery—procedures to remove pituitary and adrenal tumors or parts of the adrenal gland restore normal function.
- Radiation therapy—hard-to-remove or resistant tumors may be treated with radiation therapy.