Treatments to Improve Your Quality of Life
Being at an unhealthy weight can prevent you from taking part in activities you enjoy. It can also lead to serious health problems such as diabetes, heart disease and stroke. We are here to help you lose weight, take control of your health and enjoy life.
Our care teams include specialists in weight loss, nutrition, physiology and psychology. They work together to create a long-term weight management plan tailored to fit your lifestyle.
Treatments may include:
- Diet—nutritionists create a healthy eating plan.
- Exercise—physiologists build a personalized exercise plan for you.
- Medicines—doctors may prescribe medicines to help you lose weight.
- Counseling—psychologists teach you techniques to help you make positive behavior changes.
- Education—if you have diabetes, you can take part in our Diabetes Self Management Education program.
- Bariatric (weight loss) surgery—surgeons help you to determine the procedure that will best meet your weight loss goals.
- Support groups—support and answers from other patients, a nurse practitioner and a dietitian can help you adopt and stick to your healthy eating and exercise programs.
Losing weight can dramatically improve your health. Many patients living with diabetes who drop pounds can reduce their medicines. Others see improvements in vital signs such as lower blood pressure. While it takes time to adjust to lifestyle changes and to lose weight, the effort pays off. You will feel better, have more energy and live a healthier life.