About Our Critical Care Fellowship
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center offers a full-time critical care fellowship program for physician assistants and acute care nurse practitioners.
The fellowship program prepares participants to practice specialized critical care medicine as members of a multi-professional team. This role includes caring for critically ill patients in the ICU and acting as a hospital-wide primary rapid response leader.
The ICU PA/NPs practice in Lahey Burlington and Beverly Hospital. All department physicians and staff NP/PAs will participate as preceptors in the program.
- Physician assistants and acute care nurse practitioners who are committed to learning and desire a career in critical care
- Be eligible to obtain an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) or PA license in the state of Massachusetts upon admission to the program
- Be a graduate of an accredited Adult Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) program or have an accredited master’s degree from a Physician Assistant (PA) program
- Be eligible to pass (or have passed) the ANCC or NCCPA certification
- Have ANCC or NCCPA certification by matriculation date
- Be eligible for federal DEA registration
- BLS/ACLS certification
- Successfully complete the standard pre-employment checks and clinical credentialing process prior to matriculation, if selected as a final candidate
Our 12-month program is currently accepting one PA or NP fellow per year. Admission occurs every fall.
Potential applicants should email their resumes to Laura Mahoney or Joanne Wozniak.
- Core lectures in ICU (including online)
- Biweekly conference opportunities
- Simulation Series to prepare for rapid response role
- Journal Club
- ENLS certification
- FCCS certification
- Central line
- Arterial line
- Cordis placement
- Dialysis catheter placement
- Exposure to training in other bedside procedures, including
- Lumbar Puncture
- Chest Tube Placement
- Medical ICU (Lahey Burlington)
- Surgical ICU (Lahey Burlington)
- Beverly ICU (mixed surgical/medical)
- Neurocritical Care ICU (Lahey Burlington)
- Palliative Care
- MedFlight (optional)
- Other optional rotations: Nephrology, Infectious Disease
- Liz Woods, NP 2017-2018
- Benjamin Chamberlain, PA-C 2018-2019
- Kristin Heir, PA-C 2019-2020
- Andrew Molgaard, PA-C 2020-2021
- Shauna Coppinger, PA-C 2021-2022
- Current Fellow Randolph Nadir, PA-C