Lahey Hospital & Medical Center’s one-year, ACGME-accredited Micrographic Surgery and Dermatologic Oncology Fellowship offers post-graduate training in Mohs micrographic surgery, cutaneous oncology, and procedural dermatology.
The fellow’s educational experiences will consist of:
- Performing Mohs Micrographic Surgery and other dermatologic procedures
- Caring for dermatologic oncology patients
- Presenting at a twice-monthly Cutaneous Oncology Tumor Board
- Facilitating a monthly Journal Club regarding dermatologic surgery
- Attending slide review sessions with Dermatopathology
- Attending Dermatology Grand Rounds at both Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Participating in multidisciplinary rotations with Plastic Surgery, Oculoplastic Surgery, Otolaryngology, Radiation Oncology, Surgical Oncology and Medical Oncology
- Learning to manage a Mohs laboratory and code dermatologic procedures
Formal teaching and clinical instruction of dermatology residents, dermatology nurse practitioner fellows and medical students is part of the curriculum.
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center’s Division of Dermatology is affiliated with the Harvard
Combined Dermatology Residency Program, and there are multiple opportunities to work with the Harvard dermatology residents.
Fellows are provided protected time to perform clinical research of their interest, and are expected to submit at least one manuscript to a peer-reviewed journal and/or present at a national meeting by the end of the year.
How to Apply
- Applications and supporting material should be submitted via the San Francisco Match.
- Applications are due by August 31.
- Applicants selected for on-site interviews will be notified by email.
- Interviews will be conducted from September 1 until November 30.
For more information, please contact Janet Pickels, Program Coordinator.
Lahey Hospital &Medical Center
67 South Bedford Street
Burlington, MA 01805