About Our Fellowship Program
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center’s one-year, ACGME-accredited Micrographic Surgery and Dermatologic Oncology Fellowship offers post-graduate training in Mohs micrographic surgery, cutaneous oncology, and procedural dermatology. We offer one position per year.
The fellow’s educational experiences will consist of:
- Performing Mohs Micrographic Surgery and other dermatologic procedures
- Caring for dermatologic oncology patients
- Presenting at a twice-monthly Cutaneous Oncology Tumor Board
- Facilitating a monthly Journal Club regarding dermatologic surgery
- Attending slide review sessions with Dermatopathology
- Attending Dermatology Grand Rounds at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center
- Participating in multidisciplinary rotations with Plastic Surgery, Oculoplastic Surgery, Otolaryngology, Radiation Oncology, Surgical Oncology, and Medical Oncology
- Learning to manage a Mohs laboratory and code dermatologic procedures
Provide the highest level of dermatologic surgical and oncological care to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center patients in a compassionate, learning environment that cares for patients, trainees, and staff.
Lahey Hospital & Medical Center’s Division of Dermatology is affiliated with the Harvard Combined Dermatology Residency Program, and there are multiple opportunities to work with the Harvard dermatology residents.
There are opportunities for formal teaching and clinical instruction of dermatology residents, medical students, and dermatology nurse practitioner fellows.
Fellows are provided protected time to perform clinical research of their interest, and are expected to submit at least one manuscript to a peer-reviewed journal and/or present at a national meeting by the end of the year.
- Suzanne Olbricht, MD
- Laura Sowerby, MD, Associate Program Director
- Jeffrey Tiger, MD, Program Director
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center
How to Apply
- Applications and supporting material should be submitted via the San Francisco Match.
- Applications are due by August 1.
- Applicants selected for interviews will be notified by email.
- Interviews will be conducted from September 1 until November 30.
For more information, please contact the Program Coordinator, Janet Pickels.